Patch 1.41 has been officially announced. You can check it out for yourself by visiting “the forums”:http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=79095. The patch will contain a number of balance tweaks.
Another bit of good news, the updated mod tools will apparently be released in one or two weeks as well.
The patch will be released “soon”, which usually means a week or two at the most. We will have a list of download locations up at this site.
You can download the patch “here”:http://www.dowpatch.com/.
(Someguy) edit: Patch is up now via auto-updates in Winter Assault. Mirrors will be provided as soon as possible.
(UberJumper) edit: Download the Patch from THQ Servers here.
(moe) edit: Finally there’s a bittorrent link to be found “here”:http://www.hwcommunity.com/tracker.
Patch requires 1.40 to be installed.
Here’s the (incomplete) changelog for 1.41:
– Killa Kanz now use 4 Support Cap (up from 2)
- Tankbustaz have been increased in cost to 75/20 and have had their build/reinforce time increased to 20/15 seconds
- Bomb Chuckaz now cost 50/50 (up from 25/25), and the train time has been increased to 25 seconds.
- Increased the reinforce cost and reinforce time of Nob squads to 45/10
- Increased the cost of the Waaugh banner Bigga Gunz upgrades to 50/50
- Added a hotkey for the Mega-Armored Nob
- Added a hotkey for the Mega-Armored Nob’s Power Surge ability
- Removed the starting Slugga Squad for Orks
- Reduced the damage that Trakks do to building armor
- Reduced the damage that Tankbustas do to building Armor
- The Defiler auto cannon’s damage has been considerably reduced
- Defiler cost changed to 150/260
- Increased the damage on the Chaos Lord’s Plasma Pistol
- Increased the damage on the Sorcerer’s Plasma Pistol
- Increased the damage on the Aspiring Champion and Raptor Champion’s Power Sword and Plasma Pistol
- Reduced the damage that the Raptor Bolter Pistol does to builder armor and commander armor
- Reduced the amount of damage the Khornate Chain Axe does to vehicles
- Increased the HP on the Assassin to 350 (up from 100)
- Changed the Assassin’s armor type to Commander
- Increased the damage Assassins do to Commander Armor
- Decreased the cost and build time of Satellite Targeting Resolution to 100/25 30 seconds (down from 150/150 90 seconds)
- Weapon Specialization now requires Satellite Targeting Resolution
- Fixed the graphic effect for the Leman Russ Battle Cannon (units hit by the battle cannon should now show an effect)
- Imperial General and all members of the command squad can now detect infiltrated units
- Priests can no longer detect infiltrated units
- Priests have been increased in cost and build time to 100/50 30 seconds
- Guardsman melee damage versus buildings has been lowered
- Techpriest armor has been changed to commander armor
- Techpriest HP have been increased to 250
- Techpriest Laspistol damage has been lowered
- Guard Power and Requisition upgrade bonuses are now closer to those of the other races
- Body Armor upgrade has been increased in cost and build time to 100/50 45 seconds
- Reduced the training cost of the Assault Marine from 60 to 55
- Increased the damage the Space Marine Tactical Missile Launcher does against buildings
- Increased the damage on the Force Commander’s Power Sword and Plasma Pistol
- Increased the damage on the Chaplain’s Power Sword and Plasma Pistol
- Increased the damage on the Librarian’s Power Sword and Plasma Pistol
- Increased the damage on the Sergeant and Assault Sergeant’s Power Sword and Plasma Pistol
- Changed the Hotkey for the Chaplain to C
- Added a hotkey for Sniper Training
- Changed the Hotkey for Scout Infiltration research
- Increased the cost and build time of Melta Bomb Research
- Increased the duration of the Eldar Entanglement ability to 7 seconds (up from 3)
- Reduced the research times for the Eldar Infantry Accuracy Upgrades
- Reduced the research times for the Eldar Infantry Health Upgrades
- Increased the effectiveness of the Eldar Infantry Accuracy Upgrades
- Increased the effectiveness of the Eldar Infantry Health Upgrades
- Removed the phantom slag deposits on Battle Marshes
- Fixed an issue where DOW used the WA maps in Automatch games.
- Fixed an issue where hotkeys stopped working after player pressed Alt-Tab to switch between game and other applications.
- Fixed a rare crash when player logged in to Online game.
- Fixed occasional crash due to memory leak where the Army Painter would crash after being open for more than 10 minutes.
There’s also a tweak for the Raptor Bolt Pistols and Ogryn Ripper Guns to fix a few small issues, but they came very last minute and didnt make it onto the official change list.
Sounds like a lot of balance gripes have been addressed here.